OUR MISSION & VISION
The Blanchard Institute is excellence focused, clinically focused, safety and trauma focused and family focused to clients who meet the clinical and medical criteria for services.
This vision is accomplished through providing a safe place for clients to begin the recovery process. This is evident from the moment you walk in. Every inch of our building and programming is thoughtful and intentionally placed. Homey, comfortable, and never daunting, our facility is an institute and home.
The second part of our vision involves helping our clients build up the resources they’ll need for long-term recovery. We accomplish this by placing each of our clients into the appropriate level of care and using our Dual Diagnosis approach to address underlying issues and connect to healthy habits.
Finally, we strive to give support to our clients long after they’ve left our facility. This means healthy social opportunities, onsite recovery events, and maintaining the therapeutic tools that families need for sustained recovery. This diligence provides an opening for those struggling as well as their families and loved ones to find happiness and fulfillment in sobriety.
Our approach focuses on a milieu of therapeutic and evidence-based modalities that give each individual the essential tools to manage the medical diagnosis of chemical dependence and the co-occurring diagnoses that either pre-exist or emerge alongside substance use disorder or mental illness.
There is no other source in Charlotte that places a primary focus on family education and co-occurring disorders in a safe and therapeutic setting providing effective modalities such as EMDR, yoga, mindfulness practices & acupuncture.
Blanchard’s therapeutic approach begins with giving respect to substance use disorder and mental health issues which means that we treat it like a fatal disease. The Blanchard Institute is a healthcare facility and a community that provides healing, hope, and education. As a behavioral healthcare provider, we use evidence-based treatment that works within the family dynamic.
We always keep our clients’ best interests in the forefront of our mind. It is our staff’s duty and mantra to lead our clients into recovery with positive and proven methodologies.
- We are committed to client safety
- We have a desire to provide a tranquil environment for clients to emotionally connect
- We are insistent on compassion and respect at all times
- We are flexible, within reasonable parameters, demonstrating transparency and honesty when speaking to our clients
- We have a willingness to combine kindness with critical truths
- We are committed to ridding the stigma of substance abuse and mental illness
- We value the family system and the power it has to provide support and healing
- Perhaps most important of all, we look at substance use disorders with the reverence we’d give to any deadly disease. This is what gives meaning to our work and why we take it so seriously. For us, this is much more than a job – it’s a calling.
The Blanchard Institute offers multiple levels of care and a variety of programs for individuals & families struggling with substance abuse and mental illness.
Whether you’re seeking help for yourself or a loved one, we’re here to help. Review our admissions process and in-network insurance providers today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find answers to common questions and learn what you can expect when seeking treatment for yourself or for a loved one.