The Clinical Director is responsible for the overall quality, effectiveness, and delivery of clinical services given to patients in the facility. Ensures quality patient care that is in compliance with regulatory requirements, professional standards, and the facility’s policies and procedures. This position requires a high degree of independent decision-making. The Director plans and oversees clinical program initiatives and, in collaborating with the Executive Director of Outpatient Services, participates in program development and administration as part of ensuring the integrity and success of clinical programs and services. The Director leads and trains clinical staff and interns engaged in related therapeutic/client care activities, as appropriate. The Director ensures that staff and clients adhere to Policies and Procedures.
AGE/PATIENT POPULATION(S) SERVED
- Age of Patient Population Service: Adult (18 & older)
- Population Served: Persons meeting criteria for substance use disorders with or without co-occurring psychiatric illness.
- Master’s Degree in Related Field
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- 2+ Years of Supervisory Experience
- 5+ Years Post-Graduate Experience with Emphasis on Chemical Dependency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of clinical documentation, billing, and coding requirements
- Strong reputation as a skilled clinician
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team focused
- Computer literacy and familiarity with EMR
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of clinical and non-clinical team members within and outside of the Institute
- Willingness to travel to support clinical administrative activities
- Proficient in delivering individual, group, family therapy, and case management services in an adult population
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements, and evaluates programs, policies, and procedures to ensure that the facility meets the needs of the patient population.
- Ensures quality patient care that is in compliance with regulatory requirements, professional standards, facility policies, and procedures, and local, state, and federal law.
- Coordinates the development of policies and procedures, clinical pathways.
- Interprets the facility’s policies, objectives, and goals to patients, staff, and the community.
- Coordinates the development of patient education materials.
- Coordinates, reviews, and responds to patient care surveys.
- Develops new behavioral health care programs to enhance patient care and to meet the goals of the facility.
- Participates in problem-solving, policy forming conferences for behavioral health care services. Maintains close coordination with all departments to ensure continuity and collaboration of services.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of therapy.
- Assists with the development and implementation of marketing plans for the community.
- Educates the community through lectures, information sessions with community groups and leaders.
- Develops and maintains staffing strategies to ensure quality patient care and to meet the goals of the facility.
- Develops and implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care delivered to behavioral health patients, i.e., performance evaluations.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- In coordination with the management team determines the developmental needs of the staff to ensure continued quality care.
- Directs the development and implementation of staff development, in-services, and orientation sessions.
- Implements and monitors the performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities for Clinical Services.
- Responsible for personal growth and development through continuing education, seminars, conferences, professional societies, and journals.
- Keeps Program Coordinator informed on the status of Clinical Services and makes recommendations to improve care and how to be cost-effective.
- Ensures that all reports are completed in an accurate, timely, and informative manner.
- Develops and implements staff retention strategies to provide optimal patient care in the facility.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all departments.
- Interacts with the facility administrative personnel as required to fulfill the foregoing responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains bi-monthly supervision of all clinicians to include case presentations and group observation.
- Oversee individual, family, and group therapy and psycho-social rehabilitation components of service delivery and the maintenance of ethical and exemplary therapy services and client relations.
- Maintain weekly/monthly client lists and enter required data onto the master client database for use by the CEO.
- Coordinate clinical program activity within and in relation to overall programming at The Blanchard Institute.
- Oversee Quality Improvement activities including, preparation of required reports, collection of program service data, and audit preparation.
- Develop and implement Clinical Program policy as necessary. Coordinate needs to Clinical Program with strategic planning and budgeting activities.
- Coordinate employee and client orientation and training programs for a new therapist.
- Provide individual and group supervision every week for therapists, case managers, and interns.
- Verify the accuracy of time records and expense reports for the Clinical Program.
- Identify staff training needs and assist with the coordination of training opportunities.
- Ensure that licensing and continuing education needs and professional standards are met for the Clinical Program.
- Conduct assessments when necessary, oversee treatment and service plan development and progress for each client, conduct trauma-informed groups and/or individual therapy, complete discharge and clinical summaries in a timely manner.
- Provide and/or arrange for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for clients in a crisis condition.
- Provide support and consultation to crisis line employees; follow up to determine the reliability of crisis response.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of case files, referrals, and other related documents for the treatment of clients; ensure compliance with agency requirements and meet or exceed state, federal, or agency clinical standards.
- Prepare required documentation for the clients’ care.
- Work closely with The Blanchard Institute’s administration on program development inducing strategic planning, policy development, and administration.
- Participate in regular agency and departmental meetings and other relevant community and provider meetings.
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental relationships within the organization.
- Ensure that facility is a safe and protected environment including developing and implementing appropriate procedures for handling day-to-day and crisis-related situations.
- Other duties as assigned and relevant to the success of the mission of The Blanchard Institute.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit for extended periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum to high volumes of stress.
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Allison Christie at 704.288.1097 or [email protected].