PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM (PHP)
ABOUT OUR PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM
Our Partial Hospitalization Program, also known as a PHP Program or Day Treatment Program, is designed to give clients the structure, accountability, and necessary tools to start their life in recovery. The PHP Program is a short-term level of care that provides a highly personalized experience and ample therapeutic time with our professionals.
The PHP Program is available for Substance Abuse Treatment, Alcohol Abuse Treatment, and Dual Diagnosis Treatment. During this immersive program, clients will experience medical and therapeutic interventions to address the underlying reasons for Substance Use Disorder and mental health disorders.
THE HEALING POWER OF A PHP PROGRAM
TBI’s PHP program provides a foundation of healing, holistically focused on the overall person rather than just mere behaviors and symptoms. All human beings have biological needs to feel safe, secure, and connected, which are interrupted and disrupted in those suffering from substance use disorders and mental illness. Thus—structure, accountability, consistency, and connection are fundamental and essential building blocks to early addiction recovery and mental health stabilization.
Both Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and mental illness are diseases of the brain that require consistent routine, structure, healthy accountability, and connection in order for brain healing and neuroplasticity (retraining and healing of the brain’s neural pathways). There are many reasons why structure is so important for persons healing and being treated for SUDs and/or mental conditions:
- A highly structured environment. The Partial Hospitalization Program is the opposite of the chaotic environment that most people experience when influenced by untreated addiction and/or mental health diseases. In order for an addicted person to stop using alcohol or drugs, or for an unstable person to stabilize their mental health, their daily routine is one of the first things that must change.
- More time with our professionals. The PHP Program gives clients more time with our professionals. This allows our staff to better assess and understand what’s going on with the client and gain verbal and non-verbal knowledge of how the client is doing.
- Greater access to our community. As an immersive experience, the Partial Hospitalization Program allows the client to more closely connect with our TBI environment, staff, and client community.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Program Length: Monday through Friday from 8:45am–4:00pm for a short term, based on the needs of the client.
The initial PHP Program sessions are also designed to help clients stabilize both physically and emotionally, and to cope with withdrawal symptoms for those who are detoxing. As they progress, our experienced therapists will guide clients through a variety of group and individual therapies, such as:
- Life Skills Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Biosound Therapy
- Therapeutic Creative Art
- Recovery Yoga
The Blanchard Institute accepts insurance from Aetna, Cigna, MedCost, Optum, United Behavioral Healthcare, BCBC of North Carolina, Magellan Health, TriCare & United Healthcare and many other insurance plans. Verify your insurance online, or contact us for more information about our providers.
INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (IOP)
The Blanchard Institute’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) teaches clients healthy tools & behavioral patterns to live a substance-free and productive life.
OUTPATIENT TREATMENT PROGRAM
The Blanchard Institute’s Outpatient Program is designed to ease the transition into everyday life and help clients handle the inevitable challenges that will arise.
RECOVERY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
After completing our structured Outpatient Program, our Recovery Management Program provides the support, resources & community for a life of lasting recovery.