Relapse Prevention in Charlotte, NC
Offering Relapse Prevention Programs to Those Throughout North Carolina
Addiction is a long-term disease, and the path to recovery can be a difficult one for those who struggle with its effects. Often, relapse is part of the process, and it can be detrimental to the progress that a client has made during recovery. Learning to recognize the causes and signs of a relapse can be critical to preventing its occurrence, and with the right support, you can avoid the damage that it can cause to your recovery. We address triggers that can occur in early and late recovery through our recovery management program which can last up to a year. We also have an alumni support program which is comprehensive. In addition to this support, we have a World Class. Family Focused program that helps the entire family to recover, changing negative behavior patterns which can lead to relapse.
At The Blanchard Institute, we work with clients on an individual basis to develop plans and techniques that can help to prevent relapse. As a leading provider of addiction recovery and substance use disorder services in Charlotte, North Carolina, we provide outpatient services to customers from all over the state. We provide a holistic, integrated approach to addiction and mental illness recovery, treating not only the disease, but the underlying physical, emotional, and mental components.
For more information about relapse prevention in Charlotte and the surrounding areas, call The Blanchard Institute today.
Common Triggers of Relapse
A relapse typically has three stages: emotional, mental, and physical. Stressful situations and everyday challenges can affect emotional well-being, and without the proper coping skills, they can lead to negative thoughts that affect one’s mental state, often resulting in an anxious or depressive feelings. As these feelings deepen, it becomes easier to justify returning to old habits to cope with the stress, and if left unchecked, the physical stage of relapse may happen, where actual use of drugs or alcohol occurs. Some of the most common triggers for relapse include:
- Lack of self-care, including poor diet, sleep, and stress management
- Relationship and work problems
- Uncomfortable emotions, including anger, loneliness, and tiredness
- Isolation from family and friends
- Reminders of using, such as people, places, or things associated with drugs or alcohol
- Depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses
Before a relapse proceeds to the physical stage, there will often be warning signs, such as negative emotions, isolating oneself, neglecting self-care, justifying drug use, and remembering old times fondly. By understanding the conditions in which a relapse occurs, it will be more possible to avoid one. At The Blanchard Institute, we can help you prevent a relapse through ongoing support, stress management, and more.
To learn how we can help with relapse prevention in Charlotte, contact our team today!
Forming a Relapse Prevention Plan
The key to avoiding a relapse is to create an effective relapse prevention plan. Our team at The Blanchard Institute can work with you to form a comprehensive plan, including:
- Self-assessment – Identifying the reasons you use drugs or alcohol and examining the patterns that led to previous relapses to help you avoid future ones.
- Recognizing triggers – Determining what triggers your cravings and learning how to manage those stressors effectively. Cravings, thoughts, behaviors that could lead to relapse. As the good book of Bill Wilson says, People, Places and things..
- Finding support – Choosing the best support groups and outlets to help you manage your addiction and mental health. This would be AA, NA, Smart Recovery, Christian Recovery, Church Groups and others.
- Alumni Program – Our Alumni program is filled with peer support. We have a facebook group that is active and just for alumni along with regularly scheduled events, a sober support coach and buddy system.
- Self-care – Making healthy lifestyle choices and setting goals to help you through the recovery process.
- Relapse plan – Forming a decisive action plan in case of relapse, such as seeking support from family and friends or selecting a more intensive treatment plan.
Contact us today to learn how an effective plan can aid relapse prevention in Charlotte!
Relapse Prevention in Charlotte, NC
Your wellness journey can begin today. The Blanchard Institute offers innovative techniques for relapse prevention and can provide you with invaluable assistance on your road to recovery.
Contact us today for more information about relapse prevention in Charlotte, NC!